Air conditioning on without light's on

Brad G

Reaction score
Hi there,

Bought this lovely machine last year, enjoyed every piece of it. Before bought it, had some comparison with Tesla like most of you did, one of the feature that T has that BYD doesn't is the camping mode. I am just wondering whether one of us have discovered a way of going around? as sometimes especially in extreme weather, if you need to wait in the car for quite some time, and it was dark, it would be logical to have air con on but you don't want by-passers to have a nosy on what you are doing in the car at the same time.

I know that if you use your APP to turn on air con the light wouldn't come on, but the issue is if you are in the car, if you lock your door from inside of the car, the light would still be on when you use APP to turn on the air con.

Any suggestions please?
Thanks

yeah, I have my DRL (daytime running lights) off on my atto 3. It was noticed fairly early-on that the yuan plush variant of the car has a toggle in the Settings to turn off DRL. So, via side-loading the settings apk from a yuan plus, finding the switch and turning off DRL, and restoring the original settings app to the atto, we found that this would permenantly turn off DRLs. (i.e. the settings persist).

I wrote a guide to it on my telegram group and a post to facebook byd atto group.

How to turn off daytime running lights:
the Yuan Plus Settings app has a switch to turn off daytime running lights, but the Atto 3 doesn’t.
So here’s what the plan is, replace the Settings app in the Atto 3 with the one from a Yuan Plus, make the changes we want, and re-install the Atto 3 Settings app back.

Backup your car's settings app by installing Mixplorer and navigating to Root > system > priv-app > CarSetting and copy the CarSetting.apk file somewhere for later; like the downloads folder or a flash disk.
Download and install this alternate version: https://workupload.com/file/5zTA3snJxWr
you can download the file and sideload it, or copy to car via USB and launch the file, or download it using a browser on the car and save it to the downloads folder and open it.

addition:
If you install via the car (not wired or wireless ADB debug), you'll need to install using App Manager (https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/AppManager) and you'll need usb debug and wireless debug enabled. If you use ADB, don't need to worry about App Manager.

after you change the setting in the Settings app to turn off your day-time-running lights, you can simply re-install your backed-up CarSettings apk file you made earlier.

tag with DRL

an update to the above steps where previously it was:

1. backup your car settings apk
  2. install yuan plus settings apk
  3. change DRL to off
  4. restore your original car settings apk
the new process would be to:
  1. install yuan plus settings apk
  2. change DRL to off
  3. via App Manager, use "uninstall updates" to roll back to factory settings apk

Further:
  • App Manager is available for free from Github
  • uninstall updates via this button:
1701317949936.jpeg

Back