Side Loading Apps - Including v1.5 Password

Darren

Site Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
For those of us who have side loaded any apps in our Atto 3, you would have known the password to be 20211231

As of the v1.5 update released in NZ already I believe and coming to Aus soon the password is now BYD6125F

There are a few videos on how to install apps, something I probably should put together myself, not really found the need so far, really wanted Netflix but not had much luck with that one. I only really use Waze nothing else has said install me so that's the extent of where I've got to with this one.

Quick summary on how you go about it:
Format the USB device to FAT32 using default file allocation
Once formatted, create a folder called 'third party apps', note this is case sensitive with spaces minus the quotes
Dump your downloaded APK files into that created 'third party apps' folder
Plug the USB into your car's type A USB port located under the wireless charging mat and start the car, after a few moments it will ask for a password which is where you need to enter either 20211231 or BYD6125F
After successfully entering the password you will have all the APKs listed which you copied across, tick the box next to the APK and hit 'install'

That's about it in a nutshell, can always add some screenshots if useful.

Cheers
Darren

With the latest v1.62 update heading out comes a new password for side loading apps
GHY0613byd

new method - which will work on versions before 13.1.32.2310220.1 is the "silent installer" method

from my telegram group https://t.me/atto_3/3/7018
Sunny, [7 Nov 2023 at 12:28:32 am]:

I think this is a world first - Separate to aftermarketinstalltool is a silentinstaller process - which simply installs apk files when found in a "SilentInstaller" folder on a connected flash drive

so, instrucitons are:
1. make a folder on flash disk called SilentInstaller
2. place apk files in folder, even BYD unlocked package installer apk will work
3. connect flash disk to car

tested on atto 3 and some other BYD in UZ :P
no password
no prompt to confirm
it just installs
chinese prompt comes up to confrim installed apk files
but no user interaction needed.
chinese prompt comes up to confrim installed apk files
but no user interaction needed.
1701318328065.jpeg

Sadly it seems that the sheer insanity of such a simple way to sideload apps appears to have been seen by BYD and so newer variants of the android multimedia system are missing the silentinstaller apk entirely. The Aftermarket tool now also calls upon a new "BYD Auth" service - which seems generate a QR-code and talk to the cloud to validate via a one-time-code to authorise side loading. The mechanisms by which this work are still under investigation as there are details which are being uncovered as we speak.

BYD has a new app store for Atto 3 (and other overseas models) -

App store APK works on older firmware :)
I've posted a link to an extracted apk file you can sideload should you wish to on my telegram group: https://t.me/atto_3/3/7624

screenshots:
1701319425155.jpeg

1701319431354.jpeg

Back